- Albert L. Ortega/Getty Images
- On Saturday, Scarlett Johansson attended Comic-Con in San Diego, California, to speak during the Marvel Studios Panel.
- At the event, Johansson debuted her engagement ring, which she likely received after becoming engaged to “Saturday Night Live” star Colin Jost in May 2019.
- Speaking to INSIDER, representatives for Rare Carat, a diamond search engine, said the ring has “great clarity” and is likely more than 10 carats.
- Rare Carat representatives also said the ring could be sold for as much as $450,000, as it features an “old cut” diamond that creates an antique aesthetic.
- Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more stories.
Nearly two months after announcing her engagement to “Saturday Night Live” star Colin Jost, Scarlett Johansson finally showed off her engagement ring over the weekend.
On Saturday, Johansson attended Comic-Con in San Diego, California, to speak during the Marvel Studios Panel. While onstage, the “Black Widow” actor seemingly debuted her ring, which features a dark, pear-shaped diamond and a matching brown band.
- Splash News
While this is the first time Johansson has publicly worn the ring, Page Six reported that she also wore it while celebrating her engagement at upstate New york restaurant Blue Hill at Stone Barns in May.
The ring was likely created by designer James de Givenchy, the nephew of Givenchy’s founder, Hubert de Givenchy, according to The Adventurine.
An image of de Givenchy’s design was shared on the Instagram page of his luxury jewelry brand, Taffin.
Speaking to INSIDER, representatives for Rare Carat, a diamond search engine, said the ring is likely more than 10 carats and worth $450,000
“Rare Carat estimates Scarlett’s ring will retail for $450,000,” representatives for Rare Carat told INSIDER. “The diamond has great clarity, which is hard to find in a large, fancy colored diamond, especially a light brown.”
Representatives for Rare Carat also said the “cutting style” of Johansson’s diamond is “different to the norm.”
“It is cut as an ‘old cut,’ which is an antique style of cutting,” Rare Carat representatives said of the diamond. “You will notice an angular pear shape in the middle – that is an open culet, which is how they used to cut diamonds before modern cutting methods were developed.”
- Splash News
Johansson’s ring could be the same one seen on Taffin’s Instagram page. If true, the ring might feature an 11 carat, Type IIA diamond.
According to representatives for Rare Carat, Johansson’s ring could be “special” if it is a Type 11A diamond, as it would then have “no nitrogen impurities.”
“If it is indeed a Type IIA diamond, that makes it special,” Rare Carat represenatives said of Johansson’s diamond. “Type IIA’s are one of the rarest chemical structure types, and the most coveted.”
Johansson became engaged to ‘Saturday Night Live’ actor Colin Jost in May
Johansson and Jost became engaged two years after meeting on the set of “Saturday Night Live.” It is the third engagment for Johansson, who was previously married to Ryan Reynolds from 2008 to 2011 and French journalist Romain Dauriac from 2014 to 2017.
Most recently, Johansson received backlash after telling As If magazine that she “should be allowed to play any person, or any tree, or any animal” because it is her “job.”
Johansson later said in a statement sent to INSIDER that her interview was “edited for click bait” and “widely taken out of context.”
“I personally feel that, in an ideal world, any actor should be able to play anybody and art, in all forms, should be immune to political correctness,” she said. “That is the point I was making, albeit didn’t come across that way.”
“I recognize that in reality, there is a widespread discrepancy amongst my industry that favors Caucasian, cis gendered actors and that not every actor has been given the same opportunities that I have been privileged to,” she continued, adding that she supports “diversity in every industry.”
Representatives for Scarlett Johansson and Taffin did not immediately reply to INSIDER’s request for comment.
- Read more:
- Colin Jost and Scarlett Johansson are officially engaged – here’s a complete timeline of their relationship
- Here’s why Scarlett Johansson’s personal trainers suggest always eating dark chocolate before a workout
- Scarlett Johansson’s ‘Avengers: Endgame’ fitness routine involved carb-cycling, 12-hour fasts, and military presses
- Brie Larson had the best response when ‘Avengers’ costar Scarlett Johansson reminded her they worked together on a movie 6 years ago