- Shohei Ohtani, the Japanese Babe Ruth who can both hit and pitch, hit his first career home run, a 3-run home run for the Los Angeles Angels on Tuesday night in his first career at bat in front of the home fans.
- After rounding the bases, Ohtani’s Angels teammates gave him the silent treatment, ignoring him the dugout, a common big league prank on players who hit their first career home run.
- Ohtani had already shown a glimpse of his dominant arm as a pitcher, with a 100-mph fastball and devastating sliders and splitters in his first career start, a win.
- Ohtani had struggled during Spring Training, but is already showing in the regular season why teams were tripping over each other to sign the two-way Japanese star.
- The video of his first career home run is below.
1st career home run for ShoheiOhtani! Wait for the celebration…
— FOX Sports: MLB (@MLBONFOX) April 4, 2018