- Denny Medley/USA TODAY Sports
- Olympic gymnast Simone Biles won her sixth all-around gymnastics title at the US Gymnastics Championships in Kansas City, Missouri, on Sunday.
- Biles landed a difficult triple-double in her floor exercise routine – the first female gymnast to do so in competition.
- Celebrities like Chrissy Teigen, Kamala Harris, and Perez Hilton were impressed.
- Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more stories.
Olympic gymnast Simone Biles is regarded as one of the best gymnasts in history. With four Olympic gold medals and 14 world championship victories, she’s amassed some famous fans.
Read more: The 50 most dominant athletes alive
At Sunday’s US Gymnastics Championships in Kansas City, Missouri, Biles landed a historic triple-double during her floor exercise routine. The maneuver is so difficult that Biles is the first female gymnast to ever land it in competition. Biles then went on to take home the gold medal.
Her fan base of equally fearless women cheered her on.
— Jameela Jamil ???? (@jameelajamil) August 12, 2019
Chrissy Teigen didn’t mince words, calling Biles a “f—— badass.”
look at this! suuuuuch a fucking badass. love this woman. https://t.co/2KKdqGNgBw
— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) August 12, 2019
Senator and presidential hopeful Kamala Harris congratulated Biles for her achievement.
— Kamala Harris (@KamalaHarris) August 12, 2019
And comedian Siobhan Thompson demanded that Biles bring her talents to the basketball court.
Put Simone Biles in the NBA Slam Dunk contest you cowards https://t.co/2MvzUUQwUw
— Siobhan Thompson, mysterious European heiress (@vornietom) August 12, 2019
What a squad.
- Read more:
- 25 athletes under 25 who will take over the world
- Simone Biles hit back at trolls who commented on her hair
- Simone Biles returned from a 2-year break and dominated the national championships in a way that hadn’t been seen in 24 years
- Simone Biles calls out USA Gymnastics: ‘You literally had one job and you couldn’t protect us’