- Sony Pictures Entertainment
- “Spider-Man: Far From Home” star Samuel L. Jackson shared a screenshot of a Reddit post that showed two posters for the movie and pointed out a major error.
- One poster seemingly flipped an image of Jackson’s Marvel character, Nick Fury, and therefore his iconic eye patch was on the wrong side.
- Fury has worn the patch on his eye since his MCU debut in 2008’s “Iron Man.” In “Captain Marvel,” fans finally learned that Fury started wearing it after Goose the cat scratched his face.
- Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more stories.
The actor, who plays Fury in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, shared a screenshot of a Reddit post that showed two posters for the “Spider-Man” sequel. Jackson was quick to point out that one poster showed Fury’s patch on his left eye and another had it on the right eye.
“Uhhhhhhh, What In The Actual F— IS GOING ON HERE???!!! #headsgonroll#lefteyemuthaf—-h,” the 70-year-old actor captioned his post.
It’s unclear what exactly caused the error. It’s possible that the image of Fury was flipped to suit the poster style, and the designer didn’t take the eye patch placement into account.
Sony Pictures didn’t immediately respond to INSIDER’s request for comment.
Jackson made his MCU debut in a post-credits scene featured in “Iron Man.” In the 2008 film, Fury visited Tony Stark/Iron Man and told him: “I’m here to talk to you about the Avenger Initiative.”
Since then, fans have theorized about how the S.H.I.E.L.D. director lost his eye. Marvel finally addressed the mystery in “Captain Marvel,” which was released in March and starred Brie Larson as the titular character. In the movie, Fury made an unexpected new friend, a cat named Goose (who turned out to be an alien, also known as a Flerken).
After Goose scratched Fury’s face, he ended up picking a false replacement eye and wearing the black patch to conceal the damage. It’s also a moment that was alluded to in 2014’s “Captain America: The Winter Soldier.”
“Last time I trusted someone, I lost an eye,” Fury told Captain America.
- Read more about “Spider-Man: Far From Home”:
- Tom Holland spoiled a major ‘Endgame’ death for his ‘Spider-Man: Far From Home’ costars years ago
- 7 details you may have missed in the new ‘Spider-Man: Far From Home’ trailer
- New ‘Spider-Man: Far From Home’ trailer teases a multiverse created by the events of ‘Avengers: Endgame’