This the final edition of Finance Insider in 2017. We’ll be back in 2018.
- Every major cryptocurrency is getting smoked
- Mike Novogratz is putting plans to launch a crypto hedge fund on hold
- Bitcoin speculators are “getting burned,” and companies that recently pivoted to blockchain are going down with them
- The biotech company that pivoted to blockchain is looking for a CTO and a background in cryptocurrency is a “big plus”
- Trading halted on Coinbase – the largest US crypto exchange – as bitcoin tanks
- Goldman Sachs is reportedly building a cryptocurrency trading desk
- Two factions of bitcoin investors are now at war with each other
- The equity chief at Charles Schwab says a bitcoin crash won’t infect the rest of the market
- A partner at one of the top bitcoin trading firms told us why crypto is “such an amazingly fun space to be in”
- A top rates strategist at ANZ wrote this superb Christmas poem about blockchain and cryptos
In non-crypto news, Bank of America joined the tax-plan after party with $145 million in bonuses to employees. Big money investors haven’t been this fired up about stocks since before the financial crisis.
We asked the founder of a tech advisory firm with over $1 million in revenue per employee how they sort the real unicorns from the pretenders.
Lastly, looking to buy some stolen credit card numbers? Just head to Facebook.