- Getty/Jesse Grant, stringer
- Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson has been pushing himself hard in the gym since the start of 2020 to get in even better shape for his upcoming role in “Black Adam.”
- The Rock confirmed in a series of Instagram posts that filming for the new DC movie begins this summer.
- He posted four pictures of himself to his Instagram, working out and looking next-level ripped ahead of filming, which could be beneficial to save for later as inspiration for your own gym goals.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more details.
It’s safe to say Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson never looks anything less than unbelievably ripped. But the professional wrestler turned actor said he has been hitting the gym harder than usual since the start of 2020.
Not because he’s following a New Year’s resolution and signing up to 6 a.m. spin classes; Johnson confirmed in an Instagram post that filming for the new DC Universe movie, “Black Adam“, starts this summer.
Posting an animated illustration of his character’s visual concept, Johnson’s caption read: “So it begins. Kickin’ off 2020 training extremely hard for my upcoming role as BLACK ADAM. This one’s in my blood. Thanks to my guys @bosslogic @veliokulan for this bad ass animation. The hierarchy of power in the #DCUniverse is about to change. #NewEra #BlackAdam⚡️Shooting begins this summer.”
View this post on Instagram
So it begins. Kickin’ off 2020 training extremely hard for my upcoming role as BLACK ADAM. This one’s in my blood. Thanks to my guys @bosslogic @veliokulan for this bad ass animation. The hierarchy of power in the #DCUniverse is about to change. #NewEra #BlackAdam⚡️ Shooting begins this summer.
Then came the first of four pictures of The Rock showing off his huge efforts (read: massive guns) which will inspire anyone to put down the last of the Christmas chocolate and perhaps lift a baby dumbbell or two.
The next image, with the same caption as before, could almost be interpreted as Johnson resting, but judging by those muscles, it’s probably not the case.
Picture number three showed Johnson intently focusing in the middle of a lift. His post read: “The hierarchy of power in the #DCUniverse is about to change. #NewEra #AntiHeroTraining #BlackAdam⚡️@jonbrandoncruz ???? Shooting starts this summer.”
The final gym picture posted so far (his fitness-filled Instagram feed suggests this won’t be the last of them) radiates pure concentration that would make him even more millions if it could be bottled and sold.
As one Instagram user @pranavprakash_2623 commented: “Even paper can’t beat you now.”