- Robin Marchant/Getty Images for Churchill Downs
- Tom Brady attended the Kentucky Derby on Saturday alongside teammates old and new.
- After the race, a video was posted on Twitter that showed former Patriots receiver Danny Amendola betting Brady $100,000 on a single throw.
- Amendola appeared to have lost the bet, immediately asking Brady to go double-or-nothing.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories
Tom Brady made his annual pilgrimage to Churchill Downs on Saturday to take in the Kentucky Derby with some of his New England Patriots teammates.
Brady has been a regular at the biggest day in thoroughbred racing for some time and was seen at the 145th running of the Kentucky Derby enjoying the day with Patriots head coach Bill Belichick, Cleveland Browns quarterback Baker Mayfield, and current and former teammates, including Julian Edelman, Danny Amendola, Jimmy Garoppolo and more.
The race ultimately came down to a dramatic conclusion, with Country House winning after Maximum Security was disqualified from the race despite crossing the finish line first.
For most attendees, the gambling might have stopped there for the day, but for Brady and Amendola, things were just starting to get interested.
In a video posted to Twitter on Saturday night, a revelrous Amendola proposed Brady with a $100,000 bet on a throw.
“One hundred grand if I hit this?” Amendola asked, pointing to some far off target while holding a miniature football. Brady quickly agreed to the bet, prompting Amendola to wind up and launch.
While you can’t see where Amendola’s throw ultimately lands, it feels safe to say he lost the bet, as he quickly asked Brady to go double-or-nothing.
You can watch the scene play out below.
Of course Tom Brady and the boys capped off Saturday at the Kentucky Derby with a $100K bet on throwing a football ????
— Sports Illustrated (@SInow) May 5, 2019
Amendola had reason to be confident in his arm, as he had been the passer on quite a few trick plays with the Patriots. That said, throwing around $100,000 on a toss after a few drinks seems a bit brazen.
- Read more from Tyler Lauletta: