- Tom Holland and Will Smith voice characters in a new animated movie called “Spies in Disguise,” but the pair hadn’t met at all in the two and a half years they spent working on it.
- Holland appeared on ABC‘s “Jimmy Kimmel Live” on Wednesday and said that the two stars finally met earlier that day while doing press together.
- The 23-year-old star and Smith also bonded while participating in an escape room, which they were able to get out of in 24 minutes.
- Smith told Entertainment Weekly and People that he never crossed paths with Holland while working on “Spies in Disguise” because he did his voiceover work in Los Angeles while the “Spider-Man” star did his in New York City.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
“It’s crazy, I feel like I know him,” the actor added.
In “Spies in Disguise,” Holland voices a scientist named Walter Beckett who turns “the world’s greatest spy,” Lance Sterling (Will Smith), into a pigeon.
- Twentieth Century Fox
Holland and Smith posed for photos together at the film’s premiere at the El Capitan Theatre in California. The two actors also spoke about meeting each other earlier in the day and taking on an escape room challenge together, in which they’re trapped in a room for a specific amount of time and must search for clues in order to get out.
“I’ve been a big Will Smith fan for a long time, and then all of a sudden I was locked in a room with him, trying to get us to escape,” Holland told Variety on the red carpet. “And I don’t know if I wanted to escape, I was enjoying myself in there with Will Smith.”
Smith also told Entertainment Weekly and People that they decided to do an escape room because “we were wanting to figure out if we really could do the stuff that we did as spies.”
He also said that “it was a one-hour escape room, and we were out in 24 minutes.”
Holland told the publications that Smith deserved most of the credit because he “got the majority of the clues” while the 23-year “was more like the hype-man.”
In addition, the “Fresh Prince of Bel-Air” star explained to Entertainment Weekly and People that he never crossed paths with Holland while working on “Spies in Disguise” because he did his voiceover work in Los Angeles while the “Spider-Man” star did his in New York City.
Watch the video below (Holland talks about Smith at 7:00).
- Read more:
- Tom Holland said he wasn’t allowed to take photos with fellow Marvel stars after news broke that Sony was pulling Spider-Man from the MCU
- Spider-Man’ star Tom Holland says he really likes his new shaved head look, which is dividing his fans
- THEN AND NOW: The ‘Avengers’ stars before they were famous
- How Tom Holland went from a theater kid in England to a Marvel superstar