- Donald Trump bizarrely liked a tweet about Rihanna being a “work/life balance queen” on Tuesday night.
- The tweet, from writer Heben Nigatu, said: “Every new Rihanna interview makes me grow stronger. We stan a work/life balance queen!!!”
- Nigatu had screenshotted a quote from a Q&A with Rihanna published in Interview magazine. In it Rihanna said: “You need to make time for yourself, because your mental health depends on it.”
- It is only the eight time Trump has given out a like from his @realDonaldTrump personal account, and the first time in almost two years he has done so.
- Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more stories.
Donald Trump on Tuesday liked a tweet calling pop star Rihanna a “work/life balance queen,” after she gave an interview saying that a healthy work life balance is the key to happiness, the first time he has liked a message on the platform in almost two years.
According to the Twitter bot Trump Alerts, a lengthy statement from Rihanna about mental health, tweeted by writer Heben Nigatu on Tuesday, seemed to strike a chord with the US president.
realDonaldTrump liked this tweet: https://t.co/u25lJjbqBq
— Trump Alert (@TrumpsAlert) June 12, 2019
Nigatu wrote: “Every new Rihanna interview makes me grow stronger. We stan a work/life balance queen!!!”
She also attached a screenshot from a Q&A with Rihanna published on Monday by Interview magazine.
Trump liked the tweet at at 9:40 p.m. ET.
In the extract from the interview, Rihanna told the magazine: “You need to make time for yourself, because your mental health depends on it.”
“If you’re not happy, you’re not going to be happy even doing things that you love doing.”
Trump is known for his frequent tweeting and retweeting, but rarely likes Twitter posts.
He last liked a tweet using his @realDonaldTrump account 648 days ago, when he liked a tweet saying “please, after several typo’s, he’s just not Presidential material.”
On his official @POTUS account, he has liked over 100 posts, mainly tweets from his own personal account.