- Cali Sheldon/Instagram & Michael Tran/Getty Images
- One of the twins who played Ross and Rachel’s baby, Emma, in “Friends” has reaffirmed how “friendly” the cast really was.
- Cali Sheldon spoke with Insider about her and sister Noelle Sheldon‘s time on the hit show in honor of its 25th anniversary.
- “All of the cast were super nice to us – they treated us all like little princesses and when we had holidays and stuff, they’d give us little Christmas gifts,” Cali said.
- She even said Jennifer Aniston once had to practice parenting: “She had to like feed me because I was making way too many noises!”
- She added that she’d be starstruck to see her TV mom again. “I’d probably be speechless,” she said.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Her character may have been featured in just eight episodes, but one of the twins who shared the role of Ross and Rachel’s baby, Emma, in “Friends” says the cast always “treated us like little princesses.”
Cali Sheldon, one half of Emma, told Insider that despite her and her sister Noelle being the youngest cast members on the sitcom (until Monica and Chandler’s newborn twins arrived in the final episode), they were always well looked after.
“All of the cast were super nice to us, they treated us all like little princesses and when we had holidays and stuff, they’d give us little Christmas gifts,” she said.
Cali said the actresses, who celebrated their 17th birthdays in June, got their big break after their mom discovered a casting opportunity advertised online.
“Someone posted something on there about babies being really good for acting jobs and since we lived close to LA, my mom thought ‘that would be kind of cool’ and she looked into it, got us a manager I think, and then we got the jobs on ‘Friends’ shortly after.”
- NBCU Photo Bank/NBCUniversal via Getty Images via Getty Images
While Cali and Noelle were too young to remember their “really cool” “Friends” stint, Cali said their parents had since filled them in on all the behind-the-scenes action.
Talking about the rest of the cast, Cali said: “Every time we were in a scene with them, we’d just laugh at all of the jokes even the ones that were inappropriate.”
And sometimes, the “Friends” stars had to actually play the role of a parent.
“One scene when I was sitting on Jennifer Aniston’s lap, she had to like feed me because I was making way too many noises, but I never threw up thank god!” Cali said.
Despite the cast members’ occasionally needing to go that extra mile to ace a scene with the girls, Cali said they were always “really welcoming.”
“My parents got to go to all the cast parties and the Christmas party and were always talking to the cast members … They were just super nice and were just like normal people, not cocky or arrogant or anything,” she said.
Cali said she and her sister were able to share the role of Emma fairly easily. While one twin enjoyed her nap time, it was the other’s time to shine, which is perhaps why the show’s producers were incentivized to cast another pair of twins.
Ross’ son, Ben, was played by several child actors throughout the show’s life span but most famously by Cole and Dylan Sprouse, who have each gone on to have lucrative acting careers on hit shows like “Riverdale.”
- Kevin Winter/Getty Images
“‘Us’ was an awesome experience for us because we go to meet all really influential people and obviously you can actually really remember that, so it was cool to be on the set of a real movie,” Cali said.
‘It’s kind of like the memories are preserved for us’
Since the girls have no memory working on “Friends,” Cali said, she’d “probably be starstruck” to see her former TV parents, Aniston and David Schwimmer, again.
“I’d probably be speechless and not be able to say that much – I’d probably tell them, ‘Oh, hi, I met you when I was a baby.'” she said.
Of Aniston, she said: “I think she’s a really big inspiration to me and I’ve watched everything she’s been in.”
She added that it’s cool to think she’d worked with her in the past – and that she’d love to work with her again.
Aniston and cast members have been hinting for weeks that “something is happening,” fueling fan theories that a “Friends” reboot could be in the works.
However, Cali said: “I would love to reunite with the cast again and reprise my role as Emma, but unfortunately I don’t think such a reunion is going to happen; the way they ended ‘Friends’ was so good, and I think the reunion they are planning is more of an unofficial one.”
While playing Emma again may be off the cards, Cali said the twins were still proud they were part of such an iconic show which young people their age still watch and enjoy 25 years later.
“It’s kind of cool to see something that we were in but can’t really remember,” she said, “so it’s kind of like the memories are preserved for us.”
- Read more:
- Jennifer Aniston poked fun at the ‘impossibly large apartments’ on ‘Friends’ in her PCAs acceptance speech
- Courteney Cox and Matthew Perry reunited for lunch, and their Instagram selfie shows how much Monica and Chandler have changed in 15 years
- Jennifer Aniston admitted she used to be a ‘terrible waitress’ who dropped trays, just like Rachel Green