- Morgan Stanley and Goldman Sachs won the top banking roles on the upcoming Uber IPO, which could reportedly raise up to $100 million for the ride-hailing company.
- Despite the competition between Uber and Lyft, which went public at the end of March, 11 of Uber’s 29 banks are on both IPOs.
- Here are all 29 banks underwriting Uber’s IPO
- Visit BusinessInsider.com for more stories.
Morgan Stanley and Goldman Sachs won the top two slots on Uber’s impending IPO – joining with 27 other banks to fill underwriting roles for the company, according to Uber’s S-1, filed publicly on Thursday.
Uber is planning to raise $100 million in the IPO, at a valuation between $90 billion and $100 billion, Reuters reported, making it a top contender for the largest IPO for the year. Those numbers could change between now and the still unknown-date when Uber actually lists on the NYSE.
Up to the final months, the IPO competition between Lyft and Uber was fierce. People familiar with the process described strict rules barring some banks from working on both transactions. Yet Uber’s S-1 reveals that 11 of the smaller underwriters actually managed to get their names on both IPOs.
The highest ranked double-dipper was RBC Capital Markets, which was the sixth bank on Lyft’s cover sheet, and the seventh on Uber’s cover sheet.
The other double-listed banks are JMP Securities, Raymond James, Academy Securities, Cowen, Loop Capital Markets, Canaccord Genuity, CastleOak Securities, Mischler Financial Group, Siebert Cisneros Shank and the Williams Capital Group.
Here are all 29 banks on Uber’s IPO:
- Uber S-1
- Morgan Stanley & Co. LLC
- Goldman Sachs & Co. LLC
- Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith
- Barclays Capital Inc.
- Citigroup Global Markets Inc.
- Allen & Company LLC
- RBC Capital Markets, LLC
- SunTrust Robinson Humphrey, Inc.
- Deutsche Bank Securities Inc.
- HSBC Securities (USA) Inc.
- SMBC Nikko Securities America, Inc.
- Mizuho Securities USA LLC
- Needham & Company, LLC
- Loop Capital Markets LLC
- Siebert Cisneros Shank & Co., L.L.C.
- Academy Securities, Inc.
- BTIG, LLC
- Canaccord Genuity LLC
- CastleOak Securities, L.P.
- Cowen and Company, LLC
- Evercore Group L.L.C.
- JMP Securities LLC
- Macquarie Capital (USA) Inc.
- Mischler Financial Group, Inc.
- Oppenheimer & Co. Inc.
- Raymond James & Associates, Inc.
- William Blair & Company, L.L.C.
- The Williams Capital Group, L.P.
- TPG Capital BD, LLC
- Read more:
- The amazing life of Uber CEO Dara Khosrowshahi – from refugee to tech superstar and a huge IPO
- ‘I won’t be perfect, but I will listen to you.’ Uber CEO outlines the company’s ‘enormous’ opportunity while acknowledging its turbulent past in letter to investors
- Uber warns that its reputation may always be a risk for its continued success
- Uber warns that Apple and Google’s stranglehold over the distribution of apps poses a major risk to its business