- Gregory Shamus/Getty Images
- Former President Barack Obama was in attendance for Game 2 of the NBA Finals between the Toronto Raptors and Golden State Warriors.
- Obama sat with NBA commissioner Adam Silver for the game, and ran into Drake while entering the arena.
- The last time Obama attended a basketball game, Zion Williamson’s shoe exploded.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Former President Barack Obama took a different sort of international visit on Sunday, trekking up to Canada to take in Game 2 of the NBA Finals between the Toronto Raptors and Golden State Warriors.
Obama, an avid basketball fan, sat with NBA commissioner Adam Silver, arrived just before the opening tip.
— ESPN (@espn) June 3, 2019
While entering the arena, he ran into Raptors superfan, Drake, and exchanged welcomes.
Obama ???? Drake pic.twitter.com/7fRvo6cdMQ
— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) June 3, 2019
Obama has been known to make time for a basketball game, having last made headlines when he was in attendance for the Duke-North Carolina game at which Zion Williamson infamously ripped through his own shoe.
Obama had hosted the Warriors at the White House while he was in office. In 2018, the team chose to skip a visit to the Trump White House and see Obama again at his post-presidential home.
Maybe the presence of the former president will keep Drake a bit better behaved throughout the night.
- Read more from Tyler Lauletta: