- Spectrum SN/Twitter
- Former New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski and tennis legend Venus Williams danced with the Lakers Girls and “The Late Late Show” host James Corden at the Staples Center Tuesday night.
- The odd trio popped and locked in step with the usual Los Angeles Lakers halftime performers in a hilarious video.
- It’s unclear why they were involved with Tuesday night’s halftime festivities, although it stands to reason that the “Carpool Karaoke” host could have facilitated the gag as part of his show.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
The Laker Girls have long been a staple of home games for the purple and yellow, but the classic Staples Center halftime dance squad got a bit of a twist Tuesday.
As LeBron James and his Lakers took on the Oklahoma City Thunder in Los Angeles, former New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski and tennis legend Venus Williams prepared for the halftime show of their lives.
The odd sports duo joined “The Late Late Show” host James Corden on the hardwood to dance with the Laker Girls in a spectacularly hilarious scene:
— Spectrum SportsNet (@SpectrumSN) November 20, 2019
Williams wore an all-purple outfit, and the sleeves of her Lakers T-shirt and lining of her shorts were blinged out with gold glitter. She wore a matching headband with a bow as she jammed out and matched the rest of the Laker Girls step by step.
But the highlight of the seven-time Grand Slam champion’s showing was her paired number with a random man in a matching ‘fit.
Gronk, meanwhile, donned yellow shorts with a matching yellow cut-off muscle tank. Like Williams, the future NFL Hall of Fame inductee sported some golden glitter accents in his outfit. Corden also wore an all-yellow outfit with gold trim.
It’s unclear why the trio was involved with Tuesday night’s halftime festivities, although it stands to reason that the “Carpool Karaoke” host could have facilitated the gag as part of his show.
- Read more:
- The Coyotes tried to troll the Kings by hanging the team’s ‘jinxed’ Taylor Swift banner and instead, the Kings trolled right back
- Resurfaced video footage suggests the Houston Astros stole signs during the 2017 World Series
- Colin Kaepernick’s original NFL workout fell apart because the league wanted him to sign a waiver to protect itself from future employment lawsuits
- The University of Texas is giving its football stadium a face-lift, but people are saying the new ‘Longhorn patio’ looks like the female reproductive system