- Tottenham scored three goals in the second half of their Champions League match against Ajax to reach the final in miraculous fashion.
- The hero of the match was Lucas Moura, who completed his hat trick in the final seconds of the match with the deciding goal, devastating the Ajax defense.
- NBA legend Steve Nash, a devout Tottenham fan and football analyst who was working the studio broadcast of the game, broke down in tears after the dramatic win.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories
Tottenham Hotspur completed another Champions League miracle on Wednesday, stunning Ajax with three goals in the second half of their match to reach the final.
The comeback finished in dramatic fashion, with Lucas Moura netting his third goal in the final seconds of the match in a last-ditch offensive attack by Tottenham. When the ball got by the goalkeeper, Spurs players celebrated while Ajax defenders fell to the ground in disbelief.
Across the world, Spurs fans rejoiced, none more publicly than NBA legend Steve Nash.
Nash was technically working the game from the studio, but reverted to pure fandom as the team won the match, sprinting out of his seat and tearing up as Tottenham completed the impossible.
Watching the replay of his reaction, Nash said he was “too old to to be crying about football,” but should Tottenham go on to win the Champions League final on June 1, it might be tough for him to hold back.
- Read more Champions League coverage: