- Jason Kempin/Getty
- On Thursday, Dr. Pimple Popper shared an Instagram video in which she extracted blackheads on a patient’s forehead.
- One viewer said the blackheads appeared “stubborn” because they took multiple attempts to extract.
- Blackheads are clogged pores or hair follicles that collect with sebum, or oil from a person’s skin.
- Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more.
Viewers of season 3 of “Dr. Pimple Popper” have watched dermatologist Dr. Sandra Lee drain a lump on a woman’s thigh, treat a man whose back hump made him the butt of jokes, and remove a toenail-shaped cyst wedged into a woman’s scalp.
Now, Dr. Lee is sharing more juicy pimple popping content with her loyal followers.
On Thursday, Dr. Lee shared a video in which she extracted various blackheads on a man’s forehead. One viewer commented on the video, calling the blackheads “stubborn,” noticing that the spots required at least two or three attempts in order to be fully extracted.
Blackheads are pores or hair follicles that fill with sebum, or oil from a person’s skin, plus dirt, skin cells, and bacteria, dermatologist Dr. Papri Sarkar previously told INSIDER. They turn black when the substances meet outside air and oxidize, Dr. Sarkar explained.
“Because blackheads are hard and trapped inside pores they can’t be ‘scrubbed away’ or washed off,” Dr. Sarkar said. “Most often, they need extraction.”
Dr. Pimple Popper did just that, using a special looped extraction tool to push the sebum and other gunk out of the man’s blackheads.
She also told the patient in the video that she believed he had more blackheads than most because of his occupation as a firefighter, saying that “all of the soot and smoke” likely clogged his pores.
To prevent blackheads, Dr. Sarkar recommended washing your face at least once daily to remove dirt and using a topical acid product, like glycolic acid or salicylic acid, to minimize dead skin cells on the face that can also clog pores.
- Read more:
- Dr. Pimple Popper drained an orange-sized lump that was growing on the back of a woman’s thigh for 10 years
- Watch Dr. Pimple Popper treat a man’s cantaloupe-sized back hump, which she said was the messiest growth she’s ever seen
- Watch Dr. Pimple Popper drain 7 cysts from a woman’s head, including one that was toenail-shaped and wedged into her scalp