- American Express/Facebook
- Every American Express card features a program called Amex Offers, which gives huge discounts or bonus rewards points when you use your card for purchases at certain retailers, restaurants, or services.
- If you have cards like the Platinum Card® from American Express or the American Express® Gold Card, you can save hundreds of dollars each year, or earn thousands of extra points.
- Offers are specifically targeted to each person, and even each different card that person has. That means that having a few Amex cards means you’ll likely get access to a wider range of offers.
- Take a look below at a small sample of the offers currently available across Amex cards.
- If you’re interested in opening a new credit card to get more offers (and earn a ton of welcome points), check out our guide to the best Amex cards.
- Read more personal finance coverage.
While plenty of well-known perks are attached to various Amex cards – the Amex Platinum Card gets you access to more than 1,200 airport lounges around the world, for instance – there are also a lot of lesser-known benefits.
One of those benefits that’s available through virtually every Amex card, but isn’t the most widely known, is Amex Offers.
What are Amex Offers?
The Amex Offers program provides cardholders with discounts at various stores, restaurants, or services, or, if not a discount, then chances to earn extra points.
The interesting part of the program is that each offer is specifically targeted to individual users and each user’s individual cards. That means that you and I might get different offers, and I might even see different offers across my several different Amex cards. That adds a real benefit to having multiple Amex cards – even if you just use them to be eligible for more offers, you have a better chance of getting good ones.
One of the appeals of the Amex Offers program is that the offers continuously change. Offers can be for national brands, but are also targeted based on your billing address – for example, I have a few offers for shops and restaurants that have a New York City location.
Current Amex Offers
Here are some of the particularly interesting Amex Offers currently available. Keep in mind that some of may no longer be available, and some are specifically targeted.
- Spend $50 or more at Blue Apron, get 2,500 Membership Rewards points.
- Spend $100 or more at Kenneth Cole, get $20 back.
- Spend $250 or more at 7 For All Mankind, get 7,500 Membership Rewards points.
- Get 6 extra Membership Rewards points on every dollar spent at Cole Haan, up to 10,000 points.
- Get 2 extra Membership Rewards points on every dollar spent at Boxed.
- Spend $50 or more at Instacart, get 2,500 Membership Rewards points.
- Spend $50 or more at Hotels.com, get 1,000 Membership Rewards points.
- Spend $150 or more at Sunglass Hut, get $30 back.
- Get 1 additional Membership Rewards point per dollar spent at Staples.
- Spend $125 or more at Touch of Modern, get $25 back.
- Spend $185 or more at The Wall Street Journal, get $75 back.
If you’re interested in opening a new Amex card – in addition to getting access to more Amex offers, you can earn a lucrative welcome offer – take a look at our up-to-date list of best Amex cards.
$550 annual fee: Click here to learn more about the Amex Platinum card.
$250 annual fee: Click here to learn more about the Amex Gold card.
More credit card coverage