- A spider crawled onto a woman’s lap while she was driving in Northern Georgia, according to AJC.
- She got scared and jumped out of the car without putting in park, according to NBC News.
- The vehicle rolled into the nearby Etowah River.
- She’s fine. Her vehicle, however, is sunk.
- The woman, who has not been identified, is working with her car insurance provider to recover the vehicle, according to AJC.
- Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more stories.
On Sunday, a woman from Georgia was driving when a spider crawled on her lap. Startled, her fight or flight instincts kicked in. She chose flight and jumped out of her moving car, AJC reports.
And so, the woman, who has not been identified, stood and watched, as her car rolled away and ultimately plummeted into the nearby Etowah River.
Read more: 5 reasons why you’re so scared of spiders
By the time Georgia State Patrol officials had arrived to help the woman, her car was no longer visible, according to AJC.
“She stated that it floated downstream a few feet,” a Georgia State Patrol spokesman said. “And within seconds, it was totally submerged. A passerby in a boat attempted to locate the van, but without success.”
The woman was backing her car down a ramp near the river at the time of the incident so that she could easily deploy a kayak into the water, according to NBC News. This plan backfired when she and the spider crossed paths and she leaped out of her vehicle before parking it.
Now, according to AJC, she will have to work with her car insurance provider to recover the vehicle.
This isn’t the first spider-related car accident of late.
Last month, a woman saw a spider while driving and panicked. Ultimately, she totaled her vehicle and injured her leg. At the time, authorities said that spiders are a “contributing factor that is not covered too often” when talking about motor vehicle accidents.
- Read more:
- A cafeteria worker who was fired after paying for a student’s $8 lunch was offered her job back. She says she won’t take it.
- A man found a gold nugget worth $68,000 with a metal detector while wandering in Australia
- The therapy dogs who helped survivors of the Parkland shooting got their own page in the school’s yearbook
- 4 Colorado teenagers are accused of killing an 18-year-old about to graduate high school over vape juice